|registration for the 2015 summer reading program begins may 27th!
Book Babies: under the age of 2
Read-to-Me: ages 2 to entering 1st grade
Summer Reading Group (SRG): entering 2nd through 8th grade
Teen Read Challenge: entering 7th through 12th grade
- Program ends Friday, July 31st, 2015
- Last day for prizes is Friday, July 31st, 2015
- The goal for Book Babies is to complete an activity sheet
- The goal for Read-to-Me is 20 books
- The Summer Reading Group goal is 15 books or 1,500 pages
- Record books on the log provided to you by the library
- You must bring your reading log to collect prizes
- If counting pages, 100 pages = 1 book
- Checkout is limited to 5 books per child
- Books and magazines must be checked out from the library and kept overnight in order to count
- Choose books that are challenging (at your grade level or above)
- If you complete 10 books or 1,000 pages by June 30th, your name goes in a prize drawing for amusement park tickets
- Once you reach your goal, you can continue reading to become a Super Reader!
- All prizes are subject to availability
Special thanks go to our Summer Reading Program Sponsors: Arby's, Bearno's Pizza, Big Splash Adventure, Burger King, Corydon Animal Hospital, Culver's, Curtis A. Jordan, MD., Dairy Queen/ Fourteen Foods, Domino's, First Harrison Bank, First Savings Bank, Friends of the Harrison County Library, Golf Shore Fun Center, Harrison REMC, Indiana Caverns, Insight Eyecare Associates, Jibby's Frozen Yogurt, Kentucky Science Center, Long John Silver’s/BR Associates, Louisville Bats, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Louisville Zoo, McDonald’s, Old Capital Veterinary Hospital, Papa John’s, Pizza Hut, Robert S. Mattingly, DMD, Rockey’s Dock Seafood, Ryan’s, Smith Animal Hospital, Squire Boone Caverns, Subway, Taco Bell/C&M Smith Restaurants, Inc., Texas Roadhouse, Tri Kappa Associates, Wendy’s, Wendy Kennedy Usborne Books & More.