Special computer stations are designated in the Youth room
for our younger patrons. Children under 10 years of age must be
accompanied by a parent or guardian while on the computers. Users
must have a current Library card with the Harrison County Public
Library. Users must sign an Internet Agreement Form stating that
they have read the Library's Internet policy and understand their
personal responsiblities while using the computers. Copies of the
complete computer policy are available on request, and can be viewed
online here. Patrons under 18 years of age are required to have
a parent or legal guardian's signature sign their user agreement
form. This must be witnessed and also signed by a librarian. Educational
game computers are also available for Children.
The Library does not allow the following Internet services on it's
computers. Anyone discovered using these services will be asked
to terminate their computer session, and may risk losing all library
privileges. For further information, please see
the Library's Internet Usage Policy.
- Chat Rooms
- Instant Messaging
- Saving to our Hard Drive
- Game Playing (except on specific Youth Game computers)
- Pornographic, Obscene, Sexually Explicit or Abusive Language
Guidelines for Youth Programs
- You must pre-register for all classes
- If for any reason your child is unable to attend, please call
and cancel. There may be a waiting list for that class.
- Please arrive on time. Late arrivals can upset youngsters and
can spoil the mood of the group.
- Some children are more comfortable watching others and are reluctant
to enter activites. If your child does not want to participate
that is fine. We do ask that you take part.
- If for any reason your child is not happy, please feel free
to leave the room. We all have bad days. No one will get upset.
- Please remember, we do not have the space or resources available
for tag-alongs. All children participating in the programs must